Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Overwhelmed by the minutiae!

I've been spending the last couple of days building training plans for others while building my own too. When you look at the big picture, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the minutiae.

In addition to helping athletes identify goals, a coach will provide the tools, perspective, and structure needed to accomplish more through a process of accountability. A coach can create a point of focus for athletes to reflect upon and build up their accomplishments. Coaching is a consistent, on-going relationship where the coach helps to implement new skills and supports the athlete in discovering solutions on their own through preparation. A coach remains objective while maintaining trust and honesty.

I recently reached out to a personal trainer to help me push beyond the limits that I have imposed. She is working to motivate me to challenge my limits with strength and flexibility while working on corrective movements that will improve my posture while running and cycling.

I encourage you to look inward to your goals as an athlete. Have you been stagnate in your training? Do you lack motivation and commitment? Have you created goals that take you out of your comfort zone?

Creating a synergy between coach and athlete will create momentum. The momentum will create a challenge that will become change. The change will result in the achievement of goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment