Monday, February 12, 2018

USMS Certified Coach


I attended the Level 1 and 2 certification course in Austin this year. The course was structured as a 1-day event and hosted by three of the top professionals in the industry.

During the morning session, we covered topics relating to the mindset of a coach and adult learner, coaching triathletes, and writing workouts. The afternoon session was focused on stroke progressions and technique, starts/turns/transitions, and drills. 

There were over 30 coaches in the room that ranged from triathlon coaches, swim coaches, and swimmers that want to eventually coach on deck. The group was cohesive and open to sharing experiences.

Although I have been coaching swimmers for many years, I enjoy building my toolkit and earning additional recognition in the sport. The feeling when you see a swimmer make progress is amazing and I truly LOVE being a coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment